Totnes to The Maltsters Arms takes about 12 minutes
l. When you get to the outskirts of Exeter, take the A38. Keep on this until you are almost at Buckfastleigh.
2. Take the A384 LEFT towards TOTNES. You pass by Dartington (to the left) and Cott (to the right), where the road becomes the A385, (first exit at the small roundabout) still to TOTNES.
3. As you reach Totnes turn right at traffic lights onto the A381, signposted to Kingsbridge (and Dartmouth). This takes you up a steep hill (through one set of lights) for about a mile.
4. Near the top, when the two lanes up filter into one lane, you turn left, signposted Ashprington, Tuckenhay and Bow Bridge. After about 300 yds the road swings a very sharp left. Be careful NOT to go straight on in the dark or in fog).
5. After about 1 or 2 miles on this little road you turn right, signposted Tuckenhay and Bow Bridge. This is down a tiny lane. Keep a note of passing places! At the bottom, go straight over Bow Bridge passed The Watermans Arms on your right. Keep going several hundred yards and you reach Tuckenhay. When you reach the pub, parking is down to the left on the quayside or on the right at road level.
6. By now you deserve a DRINK!
Parking is available on the quayside and in front of the pub on road level.
There is additional parking half way between ourselves and The Watermans Arms opposite the Tuckenhay sign in a disused quarry on the right hand side.
Please park considerately so that we can make full use of the spaces we have.
If you need to park on the road, please bear in mind that farm traffic uses these lanes regularly so leave plenty of room for these wide loads to get through!