Stay with us at Tuckenhay
We are extremely fortunate to be located in such a beautiful part of Devon. You’ll find The Maltsters Arms hidden away on the banks of Bow Creek, in the picturesque hamlet of Tuckenhay. The views from our wide quay are incredible whatever the day or season. It’s not difficult to see why it’s described as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Bed & Breakfast in the Totnes area
Featured in The Times ‘Best 50 Places to Eat Al Fresco’ in April 2010 and described by The Independent as ‘One of Britain’s Best Riverside Locations’ you’d be hard pushed to find a more beautiful spot. And you don’t have to venture far to find a huge variety of interesting activities and places to visit – see things to do in the Totnes area.
Adjoining the pub we have six beautifully appointed, double en-suite rooms, all of which come with TV, free wifi and tea & coffee making facilities. A hearty cooked breakfast is included with all rooms.
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and are happy to accommodate any special requests or requirements.
- 18th Century Inn
- Real Ales
- Excellent wine selection
- Daily market fish specials
- Quayside tables and outdoor bar
- Warm and friendly service
- En-suite B&B accommodation with full English breakfast
- Parking available
- 50″ flat screen TV in our Quarterdeck for big sporting
- Free wireless internet access in both the pub and B&B
- Off the ‘Beaten Track’ for peace and tranquility
- Dog & children friendly
- Takeaway fish and chips
- Regular live music
- Winter pub quizzes
- Quarterdeck Bar available for private parties and dining
Bed & Breakfast at The Maltsters Arms
All en-suite room rates are based on two people sharing and include a cooked breakfast.
The largest of our rooms. A superior double with king size bed, sofa bed and coffee table, en-suite bathroom with a huge stand alone Victorian bath and separate shower. Windows over looking the quay and the river.
A superior double with king size bed, sofa bed and coffee table, en-suite bathroom with bath and separate shower. River views.
The Radnor Arms
A large double with super king size bed, sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with bath and shower combined. Window overlooking the quayside and onto the river.
The Black Horse
Standard Double/Twin room (zip and link beds). En-suite bathroom with bath and shower combined.
The Blue Boar
Double/Twin room (zip and link beds) with en-suite shower room. A bright and airy room despite having a skylight instead of a window.
The Duke of York
Small double room with a 4 x 6ft bed and en-suite shower room.
- We do not charge for children under 6 years, but we do charge £10 per night for children between 6 and 15 who are staying in their parents’ room.
- We charge a £15 supplement per night for an additional guest using the sofa bed.
- We have a travel cot which guests are welcome to borrow free of charge (however, we do not provide bedding).
- Deduct £10 per en-suite room for single occupancy
- We welcome dogs in The Radnor Arms and The Black Horse.
- There is a £10 supplement per dog.
- We are able to access Visa, Debit, MasterCard. Please note we do not accept American Express.
- For Christmas to New Year bookings please contact us directly on 01803 732 350
South Devon is a wonderful destination for a family holiday and we make a great base to explore the surrounding area. Before you’ve even ventured out, the kids can pass the time crab fishing, bird watching and feeding the ducks.
We sell crabbing kits with bait – you’ll find there is plenty to catch from the quayside and if you ask the chefs nicely they’ll give you some bread to feed the ducks!
Our children’s dishes are made from the same quality ingredients as our main menu. We have crayons and colouring pencils with our fish picture to keep your nippers busy (momentarily!)
Click to see the children’s menu.
Baby Changing – facilities are available.
B&B – Two of our rooms have sofa beds which are ideal for children.
We also have a travel cot you can borrow.
Things for kids to do
As well as the stunning South Devon beaches there are plenty of nearby family days out.
Dartmouth Steam Railway and Riverboat Company
Otter and Butterfly Sanctuary
Woodlands Family Theme Park
Pennywell Farm Activity Centre
Stover Country Park
Splashdown Quaywest Waterpark
We love dogs and warmly welcome them as long as they are kept on a lead and are well behaved in both the pub and on the quay.
If you are coming to stay, we allow dogs to stay in two of our rooms – The Black Horse and other rooms available on request. We just ask that your dog is clean and dry before entering the room, that they are not left unattended in the accommodation and that you don’t allow them to get on the bed. We charge a supplement of £10 per dog.
There are fabulous walks nearby, but the quayside itself is perfect to relax with your dog and watch the world go by. They can even go in for a swim or a paddle, and there is hose to wash them down if they get a bit over zealous in the mud at low tide.